A while back I wrote about how I love the idea of a NYC-set television show somehow evoking the grimiest and most rock n’ roll era that OH! Perfect! Is produced by Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese, a beautiful combination that is sure to spark some sort of creative genius of a series. Let me remind you that the production, VINYL, has been described as a show about the “drug and sex-fueled music business as punk and disco were breaking out”—aka the most badass logline of all time.
So what do we know?
1) Bobby Cannavale has a main role as President of a struggling music label.
2) It’s set in 1970s New York City—1972—when the streets were pretty mean.
3) Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger produce. Nuff said.
4) The teaser has a lot of sexy red lips.
5) The title is very fitting for the show, all things considered.
6) There will be sex.
7) There will be music. Good music.
8) There will be violence (you didn’t think the 70s were all flowers and peace signs, did ya?)
9) There will be drugs, most likely cocaine (Cannavale snorts up a line).
10) Mick Jagger’s son will be one of the series’ regulars because DUH.
Watch the minute-long teaser for a look at what’s to come in 2016: