The other day I bared the crowds and ventured on up to the Whitney Museum of Art to see Jeff Koons’ latest Retrospective exhibit. And I mean, not going to lie: I’m not even that much of a die-hard Koons worshipper; I was in it mainly to see the Gaga ARTPOP album cover piece IRL (SPOILER: it’s not actually featured in the exhibit, unfortunately). But I knew Koons was renowned for his crazy imaginative art that often recreates stuff in everyday life, not to mention his recently installed GIGANTIC “Split-Rocker” display at Rockafeller Center, so I made a point to check it out. So even if you know absolutely nothing about Koons’ history (or just walk around pretending like you do), this trip to the Upper East Side is well worth it:
1. A CUTE KITTIE! Coming out of a sock!
2. This incredible metal sculpture of Bob Hope
3. Because it’s The NEW! Duh.
4. Infinite opportunities for reflective selfies
5. This Hot Mermaid
6. A Series of artistic vaccums that really make you question domesticicity
7. The Giant Pink “Moon” (so yes, even more selfies)
8. Strong to the finish because of that spinach: Popeye!
9. The Incredible Hulk Organ that will blow your mind completely
10. The hanging Purple Heart that is love at first sight
11. Cute rainbow elephant alert!
12. Inflatable puppy (that’s also kinda sexy)
(Photos by Kaitlin Duffy, taken at the Whitney Museum of Art)